Thursday, December 4, 2008

Reindeer Cake Pops!

Inspired by the oh-so-clever Bakerella (my hero - I bow down to you!) I decided to start my reignited hobby by making reindeer cake pops. Probably not the easiest venture to begin with but Bakerella's are so cute, I just had to try my own design. Not too bad for my very first cake pop project (and quite possibly my last...these things take forever to make!). Complete instructions are located on Bakerella's website but here are my very basic directions:

Bake a cake and let it cool completely
Try not to let your 3-year-old eat the whole cake!

Crumble the cake into a large bowl

Mix in one can frosting
Place your balls (what?!) on a wax paper lined baking sheet and chill for a few hours in the refrigerator Dip ends of popsicle sticks in hot melted chocolate and insert into cake pops. Let chill for an hour. Prepare the items you're going to use on your cake pop Melt chocolate in bowl in microwave, stirring after 30 seconds. Dip your cake pops into the melted chocolate gently tapping off any excess.

The reindeer in the back was obviously involved in a very tragic car accident! The one in front of him is dripping everywhere! These were the first two I did...very discouraging...but I kept at it.... ...and voila! Reindeer cake pops!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

These are so cute!!!