Monday, December 15, 2008

Chili Pepper Cookies

I spent a good portion of the day yesterday in the kitchen making snowman cake pops and chili pepper cookies. My husband is having a Mexican-themed party at his work today. I think I'm actually getting better at piping and this time the consistency for the flooded icing was perfect! And who cares if my children's initial reaction upon seeing them was, "Oh Mom! You made carrot cookies!" My husband very kindly told me that more than likely, our kids have never even seen a chili pepper. And that made me feel a little better. Just a little.

4 comments:

SquirrelGurl said...

You're chili pepper cookies look so neat!!

I am going to attempt to make some cake pops this week. Wish me luck!

and if all goes well I am going to try my hand at the flooded cookies too.

Danelle said...

OH GEEEZ!!! These look amazing! You did a great job! You just piped these with regular frosting? WOWOOWIEIEIE!!! I wanna learn!

Wendy said...

No, it was frosting watered down for the filler. For really great instructions on making filled cookies, go to bakeat350.blogspot.com. That's where I learned how to do this...thanks Bridget! :)

Danelle said...

great! thanks for the website! :)